As should probably be expected, the pandemic showed up in full in Brief’s top five Hot Spots in April, with three of the five dealing with the quarantine in one way or another.
Some of the spots, like Hallmark’s Good Witch, had to be produced entirely differently than planned after all live-action production shut down in mid-March. Others, like Northern Lights’ emotional salute to New York City, were created to remind people to hang in there through weeks of staying at home. And CNN’s spot reminds the audience that the news network is continuing to do its job during uncertain times.
Still, life and TV goes on, even though it may not seem like it. And two of this month’s spot—including #1—are entirely coronavirus-free.
5. When It Comes to Covering COVID-19, CNN Goes There
4. Where the Wicked Witch of the West Meets the King in the North
3. Hallmark Switched Things Up Quick for ‘Good Witch’ Season 6
2. Northern Lights Salutes New York With ‘NY Strong’
1. AlterEgo Uses Stark Photography to Tell Story of ID’s ‘Southern Gothic’
Tags: alterego charlie co cnn coronavirus covid-19 good witch hallmark channel hbo max hot spots investigation discovery nl edit northern lights pandemic