In its first Comic-Con as the newly branded Paramount Global, the company announced its plans for the San Diego fan-fest, including exhibits, activations and panels from CBS, MTV, Nickelodeon and Paramount Plus.
Star Trek – an iconic Comic-Con property – will lead Paramount’s offerings. Star Trek will dominate Hall H on Saturday, July 23 with three back-to-back panels from 12:45 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. Star Trek: Picard will kick off the block with a panel featuring star Sir Patrick Stewart and Gates McFadden along with executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Rod Roddenberry, son of franchise creator Gene Roddenberry.
That will be followed by a panel on animated series Star Trek: Lower Decks with voice cast Jack Quaid, Tawny Newsome, Noël Wells and Dawnn Lewis, creator and executive producer Mike McMahan along with Kurtzman and Roddenberry.
Finally, newest live-action Star Trek series – Star Trek: Strange New Worlds – will feature cast members Anson Mount, Ethan Peck, Christina Chong, Celia Rose Gooding and Paul Wesley, along with executive producers Henry Alonso Myers, Kurtzman and Roddenberry.
Paramount Plus is also presenting Star Trek’s 10 Forward: The Experience – a one-of-a-kind immersive experience with food, drinks, photo opps and interactive activations. Outside of the experience at 340 Fifth Avenue in the Gaslamp District, fans can browse and buy Star Trek merchandise and grab a beer at the Starfleet Outpost beer garden.
Paramount Plus will also celebrate the 40th anniversary of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan with a branded Coolhaus ice cream truck that will dole out free, limited edition Wrath of P’Khan ice-cream sandwiches at the Petco Park Interactive Zone at 100 Park Blvd.
Other Paramount panels include:
– CBS’ breakout freshman comedy Ghosts with a panel featuring the full cast of ‘livings” Rose McIver and Utkarsh Ambudkar and “ghosts” Brandon Scott Jones, Richie Moriarty, Danielle Pinnock, Asher Grodman, Román Zaragoza, Sheila Carrasco, Rebecca Wisocky and Devan Chandler Long, executive producers Joe Port and Joe Wiseman. The panel, at 1 p.m. on Thursday, July 21 in Ballroom 20, will be moderated by series guest star Matt Walsh.
Ghosts will also host an on-site activation at Petco Park’s Interactive Zone and a virtual activation that will offer puzzles, quests and limited edition NFTs.
– Teen Wolf the Movie with stars Tyler Posey and Tyler Hoechlin on Thursday, July 21 at 1:30 p.m. in Hall H;
– Beavis and Butt-Head creator Mike Judge on Thursday, July 21 at 4:45 p.m. in Ballroom 20;
– Paramount Plus’ Evil with series stars Katja Herbers, Mike Colter, Aasif Mandvi, Christine Lahti and Kurt Fuller and moderator Devan Coggan from Entertainment Weekly on Saturday, July 23 at 10:15 a.m. in Ballroom 20;
– Nickelodeon’s Rugrats: The Babies Are Back! with voice talent EG Daily, Cheryl Chase and Charlet Chung along with executive producer Eryk Casemiro and moderator Jim Viscardi, executive editor at Comicbook.com on Thursday, July 21 at 1 p.m. in Room 6BCF;
– Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob SquarePants universe with a panel on the original series and its two spinoffs: The Patrick Star Show and Kamp Koral: SpongeBob’s Under Years with voice talent Tom Kenny (SpongeBob), Bill Fagerbakke (Patrick), Jill Tally (Karen, Squidina), Kate Higgins (Narlene) and Carlos Alazraqui (Nobby) along with executive producers Marc Ceccarelli and Vincent Waller and moderator Patrick Gomez, editor-in-chief of Entertainment Weekly on Thursday, July 21 at 3:30 p.m. in Room 6BCF;
– New Nickelodeon animated series Transformers: Earthspark will offer a behind-the-scenes look at the series with a panel including voice talent Danny Pudi, Kat Khavari and Zeno Robinson along with co-executive producer Dale Malinowski and executive producer Ant Ward and moderator Mike Cecchini, editor-in-chief, Den of Geek on Friday, July 22 at 2:15 p.m. in room 6A.