The world has changed a lot since supermodel Karlie Kloss first saw Project Runway 15 years ago, and so too has the fashion industry as the show returns to its original home on Bravo.
Kloss will take over from Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn as host and executive producer of the fashion competition series, which will debut March 14 with 90-minute episodes.
Season 17 will also feature season four Project Runway champion Christian Siriano as a mentor.
Nina Garcia, editor-in-chief of Elle Magazine, will return as a judge along with fashion designer Brandon Maxwell and former Teen Vogue Editor-in-Chief Elaine Welteroth.
In addition to the above spot, which debuted around the Television Critics Association winter press tour, Stun Creative took to the streets and shot on set for a separate promo introducing viewers to the new faces of the series.
The stakes are also higher this season as 16 designers from across the globe compete for a $250,000 price—up from $150,000—and a chance to show their collection during an exclusive runway show for industry insiders.
The show also features a new runway, updated sewing machines and challenges that tap into the nuances of the fashion industry such as flash sales, fast fashion, plus-size models and Instagram.
Special guests this season will also include Marni Senofonte, personal stylist of Kendall Jenner and of Beyoncé’s Lemonade and Super Bowl 50 looks; actress Danielle Brooks, designer Dapper Dan and rapper and songwriter Cardi B.
The Project Runway season 17 designers include:
- Afa Ah Loo - Lotopa, Samoa
- Rakan Shams Aldeen - Homs, Syria
- Cavanagh Baker - Nashville, Tenn.
- Tessa Clark - Greenville, Ohio
- Bishme Cromartie - Baltimore, Md.
- Venny Etienne - Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Jhoan “Sebastian” Grey - Cali, Colombia
- Renee Hill - Philadelphia, Pa.
- Sonia Kasparian - Portland, Ore.
- Kovid Kapoor - Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Frankie Lewis - Louisville, Ky.
- Lela Orr - Monroe, La.
- Jamall Osterholm - Cranston, R.I.
- Nadine Ralliford - Stone Mountain, Ga.
- Gary “Garo Sparo” Spampinato - Bayshore, N.Y.
- Hester Sunshine - Santa Fe, N.M.